- "Finding Your ‘Why’: Focus & Purpose for You & Your Charges", Nanny Magazine, October 2018 print issue
- "Moms and Sleep: A Melodrama", Providence Moms Blog, May 23, 2018
- "The Epic Adventure of Reading The Odyssey to My Baby", Providence Moms Blog, April 20, 2018
- "The Art of Making Art a Habit", Nanny Magazine, March 20, 2018
- "Golf Tees, Super Soakers and Potato Chips: An Awakening and Ode to Black History, Providence Moms Blog, February
- "Resistance is Futile: Tech is Taking Over my Kitchen", Providence Moms Blog, February 16, 2018
- "The Juggle Struggle is Real and Sometimes I Make it Harder", Providence Moms Blog, January 5, 2018
- "Top Three Skills for Great Gift Giving", Nanny Magazine, December 13, 2017
CLICK HERE for more Providence Moms Blog posts!
- "Moms in the Arts: An Interview with Kim Votruba-Matook, Providence Moms Blog, June 25 2018
- "Arts, Smarts" - 2016 GW Gift Guide, GW Magazine/GW Today, Dec. 7, 2016
- "Kim Votruba-Matook: Art Promotes Literacy", The Story Exchange, Sept. 14, 2015
- "Canton Native's Alphabet Tool Helps Youngsters Learn in a New Way", Canton Journal, Sept. 10, 2015
- Product Review: The Artful Alphabet - Nanny Magazine, April 2018 print issue
- "Art that's Educational", functional.design.com, June 28, 2016
- "Whimsical Learning with The Artful Educator", Thingsthatmakepeoplegoaww.com, Dec. 31, 2015
- "Product Review: The Artful Alphabet Flashcards", chirpychatterbox.com, Apr. 28, 2015
TV & PODCAST INTERVIEWS:
- Interview & How-To Segment, Woman2Woman Today, September 6, 2016
- "Episode #7: Finding Learning Everywhere", Curiosity Forever Podcast, July 17, 2016
- "Episode 224: How to Build a Small Business While Working Full Time", BizChix Podcast, July 5, 2016
- "Artful Educator", The Framingham Beat, May 29, 2016
I have heard wonderful feedback on our products and how they are engaging your kids! Here are some comments of your educational adventures:
"I saw your work initially at a street fair in Arlington. I was so struck by it I got two prints for my kiddos that day and this recent order was for my nephews:) I plan to get more for future gifts. You really tapped into something here and I give you serious props..." - Ariel W.
"I got the letters and we love them! I wanted to share with you that the letters are for my new nephew Finn. What's special about this is that the little man decided he was going to come into this world on his time and was born at just 24 weeks weighing in at 1lb 7oz. So the letters will adorn his room in the NICU to brighten up the space for the next few months and then we're all hopeful that we'll be hanging them in his room at home when he's strong enough to leave." - Liz P.
I am happy to share that at 1 1/2, my son (now 2 1/2) could happily recite his initials without prompting. He could also point to and name some of the objects. At 19-months, our kiddo was identifying alphabet letters out of context and order…he would just walk up to a cardboard box and say "B" (and be correct)! It's AMAZING to behold! He has his initials as wall art in his room and my husband and I have been talking to him about each letter and the objects within them on a daily basis. So, needless to say, these results alone have made all the work to create The Artful Alphabet™ ABSOLUTELY worth it!